Saturday, June 6, 2015

Daybreak Sprint TRI 2015

Official time: 1:59:45.5
Swim 25:39
T1 2:57
Bike 56:22
T2 1:58
Run 32:52


I volunteered at a triathlon last year and earned a free entry for the Daybreak TRI. Today I finished the Daybreak Sprint TRI (3rd time). It's always a success for me to complete an event and have the desire to do it again. After today, a half ironman is not going to happen anytime soon. I need to learn to swim better. I know I could complete the bike and run for a half ironman but swimming is not a skill I've mastered. I used every kind of stroke - crawl, back, side, and breast stroke.
At one point I was tangled with plants and had to kick them off. Was it plants or possibly a zombie?
The bike route was up Baccus Hwy.  and then down. I enjoyed the course. The run was around the lake and once my legs got moving normal I enjoyed the run section. 
The final time on the TRI board was 1:59:45 - My goal was to beat 2 hours...I did it...barely but I did it!
I don't love these pictures of me but pretty great this company provides them for free. Spandex isn't the best option to hide my curves.  

No comments: