Friday, July 31, 2009

First Week of School


I can't believe I have started my sixth year of teaching this week. I am teaching 22 4th graders and my classroom is located in a portable. The good thing about being in a portable is I do not have to rotate every nine weeks and pack up my classroom into a closet. The bad thing is I will be out of the social scene in the school and it smells moldy. All is well! I can't complain. I feel lucky to have only 22 students and I am teaching the Accelerated Learning Program for Students (ALPS) class. My class will be learning 5th grade math and language arts (according to their reading levels).

Good luck to all of the students out there and their teachers! May we have a fantastical 2009-2010 learning school year!

3 comments:

Krystal said...

22 kids? I think I would die and go to heaven if my class looked like that! I already have 27 on my roster, and who knows how many will come register between now and the first day... so. not. cool. Hope you have a great year!

Jill said...

I think that we will have a great year. I also have 22. I hope you love ALPS. I think that it would be great fun. Yeah for not rotating rooms!

Brooke said...

Hooray! I can't believe it is your 6th year either...have I really been gone THAT long? And only 22 kids--I think class sizes here in Kamas are bigger than that this year. I am SO excited for your year! I do miss teaching more than I ever thought I would--I just hope I'll be able to get back in...at the right time!