Friday, July 10, 2009

Tour Stage 7

I started road biking this year and maybe that is why I am slightly addicted to the Tour de France. I am so impressed by their athleticism. They are riding for two weeks an average of 100+ miles every day. They only get two days of rest. Lance Armstrong is competing again this year. He won 7 Tour de France titles from 1999-2006. I recently read his book It's Not About The Bike: My Journey Back to Life. It is really inspiring! I would recommend it.

Tour de France 2009
Stage Seven: Barcelone – Andorre Arcalis 224km
Friday 10th July 2009

Less than a week in and the mountains arrive with the first Hors Category climb of the race. Not only does this stage introduce the peloton to this Tour's mountains but it is also the longest stage of the race at 224kms.

Tour de France 2009 Standings - Through Stage 7
1. Rinaldo Nocentini - AG2R - 24 hours, 44 minutes, 32 seconds
2. Alberto Contador - Astana - 24 hours, 44 minutes, 38 seconds (6 seconds behind)
3. Lance Armstrong - Astana - 24 hours, 44 minutes, 40 seconds (8 seconds behind)
Upcoming Stages:
Stage 8 - July 11 - Andorre-la-Vieille to Saint-Girons - 109.7 miles
Stage 9 - July 12 - Saint-Gaudens to Tarbes - 99.7 miles
Rest Day - July 13

Team Astana (Lance Armstrong in front right)



This pic is for you Melissa!

2 comments:

Travis Butterfield said...

I LOVE the Tour de France! I think I like it better than the Olympics.

Heidi said...

I read Lance's books and I thought they were really good. I think he is kinda full of himself but I guess it would be hard not to. He is amazing. I really like Kristen's articles in the Runner's World mag. Anyway sorry I missed ya at Kim's shower. We had tickets to the Temple Open House! Hopefully we'll see ya soon!