Saturday, July 25, 2009

Week of July 24th


While Amy and the kiddos were in town. We went to the Oquirrh Temple Open House in South Jordan, UT. We will not have this opportunity again for a while. Amy and I went to the Jordan River Temple Open House back in 1981. I was three and Amy was six. I remember the escalators and the bright rooms.


I can only imagine Garrett felt the spirit in the temple. He was all giggles and smiles today!

I am truly blessed to know that families can be together forever thanks to the sealing, covenants, and blessings of the temple. Salt Lake County alone will have four temples after the dedication of the Oquirrh Temple. Time to serve others!!!

Jordan Ridge Elementary 4th graders (our students) sang the open song at the Days of '47 Rodeo. Alison and I taught the song to the students and got them organized thanks to Steve James. What an opportunity! I would love to put pics of the students on here so you could see all of their cute faces but I do not have permission...sorry. Because we helped with the students we got some free tickets. We had a ball in the nose bleed area watching the rodeo. The best part was watching the bulls attack the clowns. We saw two clowns really "get it" - ouch! They we slammed by the bulls and one clown was thrown into the fence. I looked so painful.

My family and Amy and her kids were up at Snowbird all week. I had my teacher prep days and because I moved into a portable I had a lot of work this week. I only went up to Snowbird on Friday. We got the "All Day Activity Pass" from Costco. Unlimited rides on the alpine slide, tram, trampoline, rock climbing wall, bouncing castle, zip line, and mechanical bull. We had a blast with the kids doing all of these activities. At the end of the day my friends came up to get away from the city heat. We swam and hiked Catherine Pass. We would've hiked down to the lake cut it started raining and by the time we got to the car it started pouring. We finished just in time. I love my friends. They are always up for a hike, bike ride, climbing adventure, etc. even in the dark!

1 comment:

Krystal said...

looks like you've been busy and having lots of fun! I love the new temple!!