I love any adventure and I enjoy running but I am definitely not the fastest. I wanted leg 7 and got it. I am training for the Top of Utah marathon (Sept.15) and this race will help me with that - hopefully. My team was totally rad and I am thankful they did the harder and intense trails. I want to the Wasatch Back 12 times and do every leg at least once. This was my second Wasatch Back relay - 10 more to go!
My first run was Leg 7
Cheering on Chris during his first leg. It's all about teamwork!
Megan and Marissa gearing up for Legs 11 & 12. Megan had a killer of a climb ahead of her (1800+ ft.) and wouldn't look at the RagMag. She wanted it to be a surprised. She did awesome!
Van 1 and Van 2 visiting while Megan and Marissa run up and around Snow Basin.
Marissa finishing her trail run up at Snow Basin. I love her tie-dye shirt. I wanted a theme like the Grateful Dead bears and she made my vision happen. Thanks!
Ran into Tori during lunch at Snow Basin's lodge. I've been watching her travel the world on facebook...jealousy.
Dang van kept throwing our stuff out of the back when we opened the back hatch. It had nothing to do with our over packing.
Can you imagine what cars would see if we didn't wear these vests and tail lights? NOTHING.
Guess who?
Sipping hot coco and shootin' the bull...meanwhile Heather is running 8 miles up East Canyon. She rocks!
The Wasatch Back was like a reunion. I ran into so many friends from high school, college, church, school, etc. It was great to see Kristen Luck - she's a favorite;)
Val exchanging with Sarah at the start her run - Leg 20
Val finished her second leg 4.1 miles. RagMag said it was 3.6 --- surprise surprise the hill kept going.


Sarah and Dustin exchanging the slap bracelet.
Great run Sarah!
10 mile trail run --- done & done
Chris always had a smile on his face. Ready to run Leg 22!
Megan & Sarah kept warm waiting for Dustin and Chris' exchange to happen.
Val finishing her last run 4.0 miles - Leg 31
Sarah lives in Wisconsin currently and didn't let the elevation phase her.
Dustin enjoyed his "I'm finished" Cherry Coke;)
Chris worked "THE RAGNAR" hill with a smile!
I ran with Melissa & Julia last year. Good to see them at the finish;-) I actually saw Melissa cruising down Snow Basin when I was driving up to Snow Basin. She race Leg 1 - she is so tough.
We took 183rd out of 798 Coed teams & 148th out of 644 in the Coed Open division. Not too shabby!
(More pictures to come)



























1 comment:
What an amazing experience! You are incredible (and you look fantastic! Wowzers!)
Post a Comment