Saturday, June 9, 2012

Utah Valley Half 13.1

Utah Valley Half Marathon
June 9, 2012
This was my fourth half and got my best time on this race...granted it was mostly downhill;-)
Final time according to race chip: 2:08:54
The terrain was beautiful, down Provo Canyon along the highway. The temperature was perfect - not too cold or hot...just right. I was determined to run the whole time so I only walked during the aide stations. I would do this event again - very organized, great course, and good time of year. The only thing I didn't like was getting up at 3am to catch the bus by 4:20am in Provo. If I wasn't registered for the Top of Utah Marathon in Sept '12...I would consider doing the Utah Valley Marathon next year. 


Running is a great sport and hobby because all you need is a good pair of shoes and yourself. My body felt great this race! My training sure made this race an adventure.
Next up....

2 comments:

Jill said...

Good job! I want to run with you.

Chad, Mindy and girls said...

Awesome, awesome, and totally awesome...that's you!!