Saturday, May 12, 2012

Goldilocks Century...check

May 12, 2012 I rode the Goldilocks Century (100 mi.) that started in Herriman.
Goldilocks is a fully supported, non-competitive, women only, cycling event. With multiple locations and route options, there is a ride for everyone! From novice or experienced riders alike, Goldilocks is a fabulous opportunity to spend the day with your girlfriends while enjoying/conquering a gorgeous ride.

(100 mile course - course map links)

My sister met me "luckily" near mile 65 and she rode the last 35 miles with me. She kept my spirits up and made the final stretch a grand experience. Love you Amy - thanks!


 Garrett got distracted by the gorgeous fields. He was reenacting the Sound of Music..."THE HILLS ARE ALIVE!!!"
 Here we come up Daybreak Parkway...
 Amy's looking great! She should've done the whole thing with me.
 "Pedal Dang It"...that is what was in my brain the last 9 miles.
 Crossed the finish line 7.5 hrs. later!!!

 Makell and Garrett were our SUPER FANS!!! My mom and dad of course were the SUPER SUPER FANS but shy of the camera.
 Thanks for the balloons and support! Love you family!

 I choose not to stop to eat lunch at mile 57. I wasn't feeling hungry nor did I want to get sick so I waited to eat after...I was so hungry by then. Of course I ate snacks along the way but I sure worked up an appetite.
If any lady is thinking about doing a bike race...20, 40, 60, 80, or 100...I would recommend this event. It was fun, organized, safe, and a good time of year. I hear the course is harder than Little Red up in Cache Valley but it sure was nice not having to travel to Logan.
I already registered for May 11, 2013 but registered for 60 miles. I could change it to 80 or 100...I'll see.

1 comment:

Emily H said...

You are my hero!!