I took the Goldilocks Cycle Clinic and our last training clinic was Saturday. It was a good clinic to review bike maintenance, riding in a group, hand signals, and techniques for shifting up and downhills. I've been riding mnt. bikes for 10+ years but road biking is a newer sport for me. I've had my road bike for two years but I had only rode it 20 miles max in one day. I decided my "34" year...I am going all out! I signed up for a century ride = 100 miles. I am in my fourth week of training with five weeks to go. The Goldilocks Century is May 12th. Today I rode 5 miles with the clinic and then 40 miles on my own up to Eagle Mountain. The last few weeks I've been riding sections of the race so I'll be familiar with the terrain. Check out the elevation changes. It looks worse than it really is...don't get me wrong, it was tough...I was in my granny gear going up the hills but after the downhill side was a party!
Next week I will be going to CO to visit my sister and the kiddos. We will be riding the Monument (26mi. rim to rim), mnt. biking the trails (pure adrenaline + miles), and back to UT and doing 60 miles. After riding 40+ on Saturday I was feeling good. Hope the added mileage will continue to feel good. My right hand has been bothering me and of course my seat (bum). KEEP CALM AND RIDE ON!
May 12...100 miles...here I roll;-)
May 12...100 miles...here I roll;-)



3 comments:
I really want to be a bike rider. . . But that bike seat is so uncomfy! If I can get a bike with sofa seating, I'll start riding with you.
Valery, you are crazy....crazy AWESOME!! Love it!
Wow Val! You are amazing. I would love to get into road biking. Your 34th year is going to be awesome.
Post a Comment