Sunday, January 4, 2009

Yurterrific! Happy 2009!

My friend Brian invited me to join his buddies & a few of my friends to bring in the year 2009 up at Bridge Yurt. I feel lucky that I was able to join them. I had a blast skiing and the group was fantastical! Lots of laughs, jokes, and stories were shared and many new memories were made.

Dustin got ready to take on cross country skiing for the first time. He told those skis who was boss!

Nathan, Brian, and I got all packed up and ready. Thanks for the pulling the gear sled!

So good to meet quality people. Sarah, Curtis, and Jenn were just a few of the great people on the trip.

Dustin, Ben, Jenn and I stuck together at first until we got the hang of it...never really happened;o) Thanks Jenn for helping us and not laughing too hard!


New Years Eve night was spent building a LARGE Stegosaurus. It surprised us that we made it. Great tradition!

It took all of us to build that dino - GO TEAM STEGO-YURT!

The Dollar Store glow sticks were a hit of the party. We made a disco ball, spinning star, hat, and much more.

After skiing in 5 miles to the yurt we made a message train while dinner was being prepared.


Grilled cheese and tomato soup hit the spot. Thanks!

I can't believe we got that many people around the table.

1 comment:

Discovery Preschool said...

Val!! That looks like so much fun! I was just telling Jake the other day how I wanted to go to a yurt! I'm glad you rang in the NEW YEaR the right way.. we were in bed by 9!! Kids will do that to you:) Happy New Year and lets get together soon!