Sunday, April 21, 2013

Ogden Marathon in 4 weeks

Am I ready for 26.2 miles? I am following my training schedule but the colder, rainy days are making it harder to run. The "dreadmill" is not my friend.
(Ogden Marathon race map and my pace goal- faster would be nice but my last marathon I did it in 5:07 so I would be thrilled with 4:45.)

My good friend, Alicia, ran 14 miles with me yesterday. We started up Little Cottonwood Cyn. and ran in the snow, rain, and mist down the canyon, Wasatch Blvd., to Draper, and back on 700 East. We did it and got our miles in. Alicia is training for a half marathon so she definitely is putting in more miles than she needs to but I am sure thankful! This coming weekend I will be in Fruita, CO visiting my sister and I'll get a shuttle up the Colorado National Monument again. I do enjoying running in a variety of locations. Gives me something more to look at and enjoy;)

No comments: