We arrived early enough to set up camp and get a few climbs in up the La Sal Mountains before it got dark. We saw a bear right off of the road and Garrett was determined to scare the bear he got out of his car...glad he didn't become a news story. The climbing was tricky but the limestone rock had amazing holds and the shade near the creek was refreshing for Moab. Alicia only had her five fingers and she climbed like an animal.
Wish I had this video streaming when we saw the bear.
We biked Slick Rock Friday and the ride nearly cooked us. We got a late start after a late night at our campsite. Take my advice...start earlier than you think. You are exposed on slick rock all 13 miles. We got a bit of shade at mile 8 but barely enough to cool us down. We soaked our shirts in pools along the way. Glad we didn't get any skin rashes...those pools were nasty but it felt great!
The Whole Enchilada wasn't open so we started at the Upper Porcupine section of the Whole Enchilada which was a few minutes from our campsite. This ride was EPIC! It had extreme technical parts, breathtaking views, and just enough bumps to make anyone shake into reality. I loved it! Following Garrett and Alicia I definitely rode more technical parts than I probably would've if I was leading. I kept thinking, "If they can do it. I can." I had one endo and Garrett had a first row seat for that one. Glad I wasn't going any faster.
This was another great trip to Moab was had! It was definitely hot and toasty going in July but it was well worth it! Garrett was working in the La Sal Mountain with the Forest Service and got us a great camp site above the Porcupine mnt. bike trailhead. It was cooler at night and the view was well worth the 16 mile trek in our low riding cars (I need a Subaru). Until next time...can't wait! I missed playing with the hikers during the day but the nights campfires were brilliant. Thanks crew!
No comments:
Post a Comment