Saturday, October 9, 2010

6K

 
 











On Friday night around 9pm my friend, Marni, texted me to see if I wanted to run the 6K the next morning because one of their friends couldn't run. I thought about it for a sec and did it. I hadn't been running this week but had recently trained for the 10K Dirty Dash so I knew 3.72 miles wouldn't kill me. The race was so much fun. It was a race of ladies through the Thanksgiving Point gardens, waterfall, and roads. It was perfect weather and good company. I ran mostly by myself (with every other lady beside me) and at the end I caught up with Marni and we ran in together. The end of the race was a festival for women: scentsy, Mary Kay, Pampered Chef, Bundt Cakes, Paradise Bakery booths, etc. My name will not be on the results since I didn't register. The chip final time was a 42:41.3 min. That would be about a 11.3 minute mile. I need to get my speed on for Wasatch Back Ragnar next year. I've got time!

The Love Your Body race was created by Wasatch Woman magazine for women who care about their health, fitness, community, friends, and families. By treating yourself well, you're able to achieve your personal best and be an inspiration to others. Be part of the largest woman-only run in Utah.
*FYI: We wanted all the runners to enjoy the gardens at Thanksgiving Point, so we made the 6K a bit longer — 3.72 miles, making it a 6K.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cool! I didn't know you were going to do this, but then neither did you. Great pictures and sounds like such a fun time!

Bud & Kim said...

Hey you are doing Wasatch Back Ragnar next year? Awesome! I saw that they are already sold out. I did the AZ one "Del Sol" and we're doing it again this year. It's SO fun!