My good friend, Alicia Yost, is currently living and teaching in Mexico. She came to UT to visit family and friends. She gave us a few hours on Thursday and Friday to play with her and we took advantage of it! We biked Dry Canyon to Bob Sled on Thursday. What a ride! The uphill isn't treacherous but steep enough to engage the legs the whole time. The downhill Bob Sled trail is a party and I couldn't stop laughing, smiling, and screaming the whole time.
Friday we hiked the 4 mile White Pine Lake trail. Going hiking with Alicia and Dave is always a trip of education. We stopped to look at rock layers, carpenter ants, glistening leaves, variety of flowers, and more. I loved it! I am always nervous to trip, slip, and fall so keep my eyes on the trail. I appreciate the breaks and time to enjoy the views!
I hadn't hiked this trail since high school. What a sight! It was a gradual incline and the final destination was gorgeous!

We rock climbed S-curve and Rock Canyon this week. I am working to lead outside without my head getting in the way. I am constantly freaking myself out. My technique and skills are capable to do harder climbs but as soon as I lead I freeze up. The s-curve overhang really worked me. I am glad Garrett was there to lead that climb and make an optional route that allowed me to climb to the chains. Saturday Richael and I climbed down in Provo at the Red Slab area up Rock Canyon. We top roped a 5.9 that was fun and lead a 5.8 that pushed us both to experience our first falls. Richael took 2 falls and I was there on belay and our gear worked perfectly. I lead it once and had no falls. My second time leading the same route I was talking with a kid to the side of me and preparing to clip in...my foot slipped and I feel to the next bolt - twice the fall because I fell to the clip and below the clip and the stretch. I am not sure how to explain the feeling of falling. Surprisingly it was quick but it also seemed in slow motion. The guy next to me said I started flailing my arms and legs but when the rope caught me I was in a perfect fall position. It didn't hurt and I got right back on the route and finished the climb. My heart was pounding and it did shake me a little but it gave me confidence to continue to try new routes and harder routes. Climb On!!!
1 comment:
Scary!! But proud of you for keeping on keeping on :)
Post a Comment