Saturday, September 19, 2009

1.48:51.39 but who's counting?


This morning I raced in the Daybreak Sprint Triathlon. It was less than a sprint because they made the swim 75m in a pool instead of 750m because of the roundworm in Daybreak Lake. I was not complaining;) I had the best support crew: Mom, Dad, Melissa, and Tandy. They kept me going every transition and along the way. To keep me going during each event I kept looking at people in front of me and worked to pass them. I was the fourth the last swimmer into the pool. I had a lot of ground to cover during the bike to not feel last. Luckily my legs got me going on the uphills and I was able to pass quite a few people. During the run all of us were seemed like we were dragging out feet. I got into a crew (4) of Olympic and Sprint runners and we chatted, laughed, and ran to the finish line. I kept a slow and steady pace during the run but I am proud of myself because I didn't stop to walk once. When I ran through the finish line I felt super great! I love that feeling of accomplishment. Exito!!!

According to my Garmin here are my results:
START TIME: 9:11 AM
Total distance: 15.66mi
Total time: 1 hour 49 minutes
75 meter swim (473.51 ft)
Swim time: 1 minute 34.1 sec
1.22 mile run
Transition & run time: 15 minutes 9 sec
Transition to bike/bathroom break: 3 min 50 sec
11.13 mile bike
Bike time: 49 minutes 55 sec
Max speed on bike: 37.3mph (I was speeding)
Transition to run: 2 min 38 sec
3.13 mile run
Run time: 35 minutes 47 sec
END TIME: 10:24 AM

I can't thank my dad, mom, Tandy, and Melissa enough!!! They are the best;o)
Future goals: Spudman Tri (olympic distance), Half Marathon, and a Century. I can do it!!!

1 comment:

Ella said...

Yay!!! I'm always so impressed by you! You are amazing!